[EM] Does anybody know who this guy is?

robert bristow-johnson

This YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50fctZC6Bw came out not long ago.  I am interested in knowing two things:

1. The identity of the person on the video producing the video.

2. The source of data used to assemble "Table 1" (that we see 30 seconds into the vid) of RCV elections in the U.S. from 2002 to 2011.

I am in the middle of this RCV controversy both in the city of Burlington and also the state of Vermont is considering it with both House and state Senate bills.  That Table 1 is important condensation of information.  I want to use it, but I need to credit its source.

Thank you for any help.

--

r b-j                  [hidden email]

Re: [EM] Does anybody know who this guy is?

Neal McBurnett
The 2nd question is easy. The reference is given in the video right after the table is shown.
See section 6.1 Margins for real elections of

Risk-limiting Audits for Nonplurality Elections Anand D. Sarwate [hidden email] Stephen Checkoway [hidden email] Hovav Shacham [hidden email]
 https://hovav.net/ucsd/dist/irv.pdf

I don't know who made the video.

-Neal

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 12:51:02PM -0500, robert bristow-johnson wrote:

> This YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50fctZC6Bw came out not long ago.  I am interested in knowing two things:
>
> 1. The identity of the person on the video producing the video.
>
> 2. The source of data used to assemble "Table 1" (that we see 30 seconds into the vid) of RCV elections in the U.S. from 2002 to 2011.
>
> I am in the middle of this RCV controversy both in the city of Burlington and also the state of Vermont is considering it with both House and state Senate bills.  That Table 1 is important condensation of information.  I want to use it, but I need to credit its source.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> --
>
> r b-j                  [hidden email]

> ----

Re: [EM] Does anybody know who this guy is?

Neal McBurnett
For Question 1, It might be by Craig Simon, based on youtube and this page:

 https://www.changemakers.com/citizenmedia/entries/indaba-application-network

-Neal

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 11:37:23AM -0700, Neal McBurnett wrote:

> The 2nd question is easy. The reference is given in the video right after the table is shown.
> See section 6.1 Margins for real elections of
>
> Risk-limiting Audits for Nonplurality Elections Anand D. Sarwate [hidden email] Stephen Checkoway [hidden email] Hovav Shacham [hidden email]
>  https://hovav.net/ucsd/dist/irv.pdf
>
> I don't know who made the video.
>
> -Neal
>
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 12:51:02PM -0500, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> >
> > This YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50fctZC6Bw came out not long ago.  I am interested in knowing two things:
> >
> > 1. The identity of the person on the video producing the video.
> >
> > 2. The source of data used to assemble "Table 1" (that we see 30 seconds into the vid) of RCV elections in the U.S. from 2002 to 2011.
> >
> > I am in the middle of this RCV controversy both in the city of Burlington and also the state of Vermont is considering it with both House and state Senate bills.  That Table 1 is important condensation of information.  I want to use it, but I need to credit its source.
> >
> > Thank you for any help.
> >
> > --
> >
> > r b-j                  [hidden email]
> >
> > "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
> > ----

Re: [EM] Does anybody know who this guy is?

robert bristow-johnson
Thank you, Neal.  I did not see the reference.

-- robert

> On January 8, 2020 1:37 PM Neal McBurnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> The 2nd question is easy. The reference is given in the video right after the table is shown.
> See section 6.1 Margins for real elections of
>
> Risk-limiting Audits for Nonplurality Elections Anand D. Sarwate [hidden email] Stephen Checkoway [hidden email] Hovav Shacham [hidden email]
>  https://hovav.net/ucsd/dist/irv.pdf
>
> I don't know who made the video.
>
> -Neal
>
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 12:51:02PM -0500, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> >
> > This YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50fctZC6Bw came out not long ago.  I am interested in knowing two things:
> >
> > 1. The identity of the person on the video producing the video.
> >
> > 2. The source of data used to assemble "Table 1" (that we see 30 seconds into the vid) of RCV elections in the U.S. from 2002 to 2011.
> >
> > I am in the middle of this RCV controversy both in the city of Burlington and also the state of Vermont is considering it with both House and state Senate bills.  That Table 1 is important condensation of information.  I want to use it, but I need to credit its source.
> >
> > Thank you for any help.
> >
> > --
> >
> > r b-j                  [hidden email]
> >
> > "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
> > ----

r b-j                  [hidden email]