[EM] Looks like I will have to hold my nose and advocate for IRV again.

[EM] Looks like I will have to hold my nose and advocate for IRV again.

robert bristow-johnson

They're calling it "RCV" (which it is, i guess), but of course, what Maine is doing is IRV and not Condorcet.

But this old canard of a challenge needs to be pushed back:

 https://progressive.org/dispatches/ranked-choice-voting-put-to-the-test-in-maine-181120/

At one time in my life, I was a resident of Maine.  30 years ago.  When George Mitchell was senator.  Sad to see what it's becoming.

--

r b-j                         [hidden email]

Re: [EM] Looks like I will have to hold my nose and advocate for IRV again.

Greg Dennis-2
Thanks, Robert. I think we can all celebrate the election of the Condorcet candidate in the Maine CD2 election. Also, the addition of Tiffany Bond to the race, who said she wouldn't have run without IRV/RCV, gave voters a more interesting set of voices and choices to choose from.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 10:51 PM robert bristow-johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

They're calling it "RCV" (which it is, i guess), but of course, what Maine is doing is IRV and not Condorcet.

But this old canard of a challenge needs to be pushed back:

 https://progressive.org/dispatches/ranked-choice-voting-put-to-the-test-in-maine-181120/

At one time in my life, I was a resident of Maine.  30 years ago.  When George Mitchell was senator.  Sad to see what it's becoming.

--

r b-j                         [hidden email]

Greg Dennis, Ph.D. :: Policy Director
Voter Choice Massachusetts

e :: [hidden email]
p :: <a href="tel:617.863.0746" value="+16177848993" style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">617.863.0746

:: Follow us on Facebook and Twitter ::