[EM] Yahoo election methods forums archive

[EM] Yahoo election methods forums archive

Kristofer Munsterhjelm-3
I've uploaded a preliminary version of the Yahoo list archive to my web
space :-) It's here:

https://munsterhjelm.no/km/yahoo_lists_archive/

This archive contains the Yahoo forums that I could get at that have at
least one message with at least one of the terms "center squeeze",
"Condorcet", "d'Hondt", "favorite betrayal", "monotonicity", "Range
voting", "Ranked Pairs", Sainte Lague", "Schulze method" or "Score
voting". The grep_*.txt files show which forums have messages mentioning
a given term.

I've added web pages so the messages can be read from the web, e.g.

https://munsterhjelm.no/km/yahoo_lists_archive/sd-2/web/2005-April/by-date.html

https://munsterhjelm.no/km/yahoo_lists_archive/sd-2/web/2005-April/msg00013.html

but I don't yet have a search engine, nor have I filtered out spam and
deleted messages.

-km

On 13.06.2021 18:52, Richard Lung wrote:

> FAB STV has potential as a search engine as well as voting method --
> both about representation. Tho, that is true of many if not all voting
> methods.

In this particular case it's not so much about the ranking as simply
showing what posts have the terms in question. For instance, the
ApprovalVoting list mentions "Ranked Pairs" exactly once, and it has
2488 messages.

-km