Multiple Same Choices

Craig Carey-2
In an article, [hidden email] (Mike Ossipoff) writes:

>Your suggestion to solve circular ties by a 2nd balloting is ok,
>and I wouldn't object to it.

          I did not suggest a second ballot to solve
circular ties but to verify my hunch that circular ties
indicate that the voters have no great preference between
the candidates involved in the ties.

          If my hunch is proven correct, then random
selection of the winner is appropriate.

          If my hunch is proven incorrect, then I really do
not understand what is happening and I would like to
consider the situation again.

          I have another hunch which is that circular ties
are only a logical possibility but that they will very
seldom occur in reality and that they do not deserve to be
discussed at length.

          http://www.igs.net/~lsaumur/